Campus briefs

Sororities to host Color Me Greek Party Northern Kentucky’s Panhellenic Council will preview the five National Panhellenic Council sororities in its Color Me Greek Party on Sept. 1. The party is a sample of NPC’s recruitment and takes place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the University Center Ballroom. Actual recruitment will take place Sept. 10-15 for all the women participants. Students can register at http://studenthome.nku.edu/~panhellenic.

Freshfusion Committee in need of volunteers The Freshfusion Committee is actively looking for student volunteers to help on the day of the event. Freshfusion will occur on Thursday, Sept. 9 on the University Center Plaza. Volunteers will receive a free t-shirt for assisting throughout the day. The committee is especially interested in students volunteering to help the University 101 teams in the Norse-athalon from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Gamer’s Guild forming on campus NKU’s Gamer’s Guild is currently seeking experienced and novice members. The Guild is a student group dedicated to role-playing games and strategy/miniatures games. They meet in the University Center and battle Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Currently they have games of Dungeons and Dragons, Ravenloft, Star Gate SG-1 and Deadlands. For more information on joining the group, contact Derek at dweimer@fuse.net or 513-478-1997 . The Guild also maintains a website, which is located at: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamersguild/

Deadline approaching for new organizations Students must register new organizations by Sept. 17. A registration form must be sumbitted to the Office of Student Life. Additionally, one member and one faculty/staff adviser must attend a Student Organization Orientation session. Five sessions will be offered.