UConn, Ok. St. look good in Final Four

Duke Blue Devils vs. Connecticut Huskies

This is a game that features two future Hall of Fame coaches: UConn’s Jim Calhoun and Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski.

Both teams have two of the best front court players in college basketball: UConn has Emeka Okafor and Duke has Shelden Williams.

Both players are dominant shot blockers. If one of these two players gets in foul trouble, then their team could be in trouble.

Okafor has played outstanding so far in this tournament, despite playing with back pain.

UConn’s back court is one of the best in the nation.

Ben Gordon and Talik Brown have been playing their best basketball of the season in this tournament.

This is a team that has breezed through the NCAA tournament.

This game should be UConn’s first true test of the tournament.

Duke is on a roll. The team won its first three games of the tournament by an average of 10 points or more, until Sunday, when it had to fight and survive a hungry Xavier team and won by only three points.

Duke has one of the best three-point shooters and free-throw shooters in the nation in J.J. Redick.

If J.J. is on fire in this game, UConn could be in major trouble.

This is a very exciting game, with both teams barely having any weaknesses.

Both know how to light up a scoreboard.

I think UConn’s bench is deeper and experienced.

I think Emeka Okafor will be too much inside for Shelden Willams and company to handle.

If Okafor’s back gives him some fits, however, I would go with Duke in this contest.

Prediction:

UConn 87Duke 80

Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

This is a game that features two outstanding defensive teams. Eddie Sutton has the Cowboys playing very aggressively. Their style of defense makes up for not having a true center.

The Yellow Jackets started this season on fire, winning its first 10 games. They have one of the nation’s best back courts in BJ Elder and Jarrett Jack, who had a career game against Kansas in the Elite Eight.

What a job Yellow Jackets coach Paul Hewitt has done in his first year. He is a rising star in the coaching profession. No one would have thought he could lead the Yellow Jackets to the Final Four.

The Cowboys’ back court is also very talented. Tony Allen and John Lucas will be running the Cowboys’ offense.

The question is, will Tony Allen’s physical style of play expose Georgia Tech’s weakness, which could be BJ Elder, who is playing with a bum ankle. The Cowboys’ backcourt needs to bring its A-game, because GT’s frontcourt is big and dominant.

GT’s frontcourt features 7-0 footer Luke Schenscher, who was flawless against Kansas.

He is known for beating double teams by setting up his teammates for jumpers, and he knows how to control the boards.

Clarence Moore has also played a big role in GT’s success. His challenge in this game will be to disrupt the game of Joey Graham’s, the Cowboy’s best front court man.

If Schenscher gets in foul trouble and Elder’s ankle doesn’t heal enough for him to be 100 percent in this game, GT could be in serious trouble. They were able to survive against Kansas without Elder, but they will need him to help control the Cowboys’ back court.

I like the Cowboys in this game. I think Eddie Sutton will finally get his shot at a national championship. I think he will get the Cowboys fired up for this one.

This team will be playing with a lot on their mind, such as the tragic plane crash that killed a couple of their players and coaching staff. .They will be very hungry and determined to fight to the end.

Prediction:

OSU 72GT 69