‘E-recruiting’ sells student resumes

If you’re having trouble finding a “real” job, or if you’re just sick of classified ads, you can search for jobs and post your resume using the Career Development Center’s online “eRecruiting” program.

“Any student can come in, and we will give them access,” said Kelly Harper, manager of co-op education.

This Web-based program offers students the opportunity to search for jobs, post resumes, research employers, and keep tabs on career options, all with a few clicks of a mouse.

And added bonus? It’s free.

According to the Web site at www.erecruiting.com, the system hosts more than 100,000 employers and 400,000 job and internship opportunities.

The most desirable aspect is that the site lists employers that are “specifically interested in NKU students,” Harper said.

However, students can also search for jobs away from home, intended for college-educated individuals, not just seasoned veterans.

The program has been a big success, Harper said.

It’s an asset “to be able to post job opportunities for employer…and have resumes sent or forwarded to employers.”

Students who sign up with eRecruiting can receive monthly career newsletters.

The eRecruiting system also helps the college outreach to employers, by making job posting easy and affordable, Harper said.

In fact, it’s free for both employers and students to participate.

The CDC foots the bill.

Harper said they don’t want to discourage employers from posting jobs by charging them, and they don’t want students to have to pay either.

If you want to give eRecruiting a try, contact the CDC at (859) 572-5680 or stop by suite 230 in the University Center.