Press Release: ASU launches a new website.

Press Release: ASU launches a new website. February 22, 2004

In what ended as a long fight over the complication of the new “studenthome” server at NKU, the African Student Union has switched to a new host and a complete new domain for its website.

www.africanstudentunion.com is now the official website for the African Student Union at the Northern Kentucky University.

We were lucky to have this domain name available because the name African Student Union is very popular. The availability of this domain name shows how dependent most groups are on free web hosting services, which sometimes limits what they can do with their websites.

The problem with our (ASU) old website was that obtaining the whole log in information was as confusing and stressful as pain, especially for those of us that know little about web building.

With this, we would be able to communicate more with the world, the community in particular. Tickets for the 2004 ASU African Cultural Fest, which is on November 13 this year, will be on sale on our website starting from August as we have had distribution problem in the past.

What this means is that we will have all the information online while we work hard to advertise what we have on our website to everyone online.

We intend to expand the domain and its package to serve all the needs of the African Student Union as well as the community as a whole.

In the future, we hope to be able to incorporate new features like African news sources, forums, chat, and polls, various links for other African Student Unions and Associations, and online African shops.

Everyone is encouraged to visit our new site at www.africanstudentunion.com Comments are highly welcomed.

For more information, please e-mail us at asu@africanstudentunion.com

Thanks,

Okafor David, President, ASU