Campus briefs

Revised constitution hopeful to pass Student Government Association President Chris Pace called a special meeting to be held today, Wednesday, Feb. 18. SGA will once again vote on a new constitution. According to Eric Fegan, executive vice president of SGA, this revised document is “essentially the same constitution” that they voted on at their last meeting, held on Feb. 9, with only minimal changes. Fegan is fairly confident that it will pass this time around. He believes the main reason the constitution fell through last time was that many senators were confused on what they were voting on. With all of the different versions of the constitution floating around last week, Fegan understood where uncertainty would have arisen. The draft that will be voted on today has been available to the public since Feb. 12, and was also e-mailed to every SGA senator the day it came out. At the last meeting, SGA was only three votes away from the two-thirds majority needed to pass the constitution. Fegan has personally talked to six senators that told him they would have voted for it had it been more clear what exactly they were voting on. “[It] definitely has a good chance of passing,” Fegan said. Awards will celebrate writing and art The NKU Women’s Studies Program is currently accepting entries for this year’s Writing and Art Contest. Entries can be submitted in four categories: Creative Writing, Essay, Research and Art. Students can get entry forms at the Welcome Center, the Women’s Studies office in Steely Library room 518 or may be downloaded from the Women’s Studies Web site. Submissions are due to the Women’s Studies office by 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 20. The Awards Banquet will recognize the winners on Thursday, March 4 at 11:30 a.m. in the University Center Ballroom. Cash prizes will be awarded to the first, second and third place winners in each of the four categories.

Students to perform rock opera musical The Northern Kentucky University Department of Theatre and Dance is set to open its first production of “Jesus Chris Superstar” Thursday, Feb. 19. Directed by Ken Jones, it features music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice. Over 70 students are involved in the production, 36 of whom are performing. The musical runs through Sunday, Feb. 29. Tickets are on sale in the NKU theatre and dance box office.