Giants look for win; expect hard times for Lions

Dominick Wise

New York Giants at the Philadelphia Eagles

Can the Eagles sweep the season series between these two NFC East powerhouses? The loser of this game can kiss the NFC East division crown good bye. The Giants dominated the Eagles a few weeks ago, but fell short, because of their horrendous special teams. Donovan McNabb had one of his worst games as a pro. The Giants defensive line and secondary dominated the game. The Eagles have to get Duce Staley and Brian Westbrook involved in the running game. If they can’t find any holes and the receivers can’t get open, then the Eagles will struggle again. Kerry Collins has been on a roll and needs to avoid the turnovers. The last three games he has done an outstanding job of avoiding the turnovers. This will be another low scoring affair between these two bitter division rivals. I pick the Giants to win a close one. Prediction: Giants 20 Eagles 17

Detroit Lions at the Seattle Seahawks

What has happened to Joey Harrington? Who would have thought he would struggle this bad in just his second year. Harrington, this season has more interceptions, than touchdowns. Matt Hasselbeck should have a big day picking apart a very average suspect Lions secondary. Shaun Alexander should have a big day running the ball. This should be a tune-up for the Seahawks before they go to Baltimore next week. The Lions seem to need help at every position. I like the Seahawks big in this one. Prediction: Seahawks 38 Lions 10