Sports Briefs

Men’s Golf

The Northern Kentucky University men’s golf team captured its own invitational last Tuesday with a two-daytalof609 at Lassing Pointe Golf Course.

NKU rallied from a 12-stroke deficit in Tuesday’s final round and took the team title by five strokes over runner-up Bellarmine University (614). The Norse’s Glenn Davidson shot a 1-under-par 70 Tuesday to lead NKU, which finished with a score of 294 in the final round.

Women’s Golf

The women’s golf team concluded the Southern Indiana Invitational last Monday, finishing in third place with 645 points. The Norse trailed the second place team, Southern Indiana by only one stroke, and the first place team, Depauw, by just 15 strokes. Kim Keyer-Scott finished sixth in the invitational shooting 158 to lead all NKU golfers.

Women’s Tennis

The women’s tennis team continued their unbeaten season with two victories over conference opponents last week. The Norse knocked off Indianapolis 6-3, and dominated SIUE 9-0 to run their record to 6-0 for the season.

Men’s Soccer

David Lies scored a pair of first-half goals Friday as the Northern Kentucky University men’s soccer team defeated Oakland City University, 4-1. Jeremy Robertson and Matt Flick also added goals for NKU, which snapped a four-game losing streak and improved to 2-4.

Volleyball

NKU captured two conference wins over the weekend defeating both St. Joseph’s and Indianapolis. Kristin Koralewski, last week’s AVCA national player of the week, tallied 26 digs and 25 kills in the two matches helping the Norse to the victories. Freshman, Andrea Lanham had a two game total of 94 assists and 18 kills helping them to a ninth straight victory.

– Sports Information contributed