Campus Briefs

Alumni Lecture Series hosts political pundits

Three of America’s best known political gurus will go head-to-head at the Fourth Annual Alumni Lecture Series in Regents Hall Oct. 2, 7 p.m. Mary Matalin, former advisor to Vice President Dick Cheney; Bob Woodward, a prize-winning journalists known for his reporting on the Watergate scandal and current Washington Post managing editor and Paul Begala, co-host of CNN’s “Crossfire,” will be on campus to discuss “Governing in America: The President, the Press and the People.”

Conservationist visits NKU campus

Dr. Mike Mauder, acting director of the Fairchild Tropical Garden, will discuss the plight of threatened plant species from tropical islands around the world.

Mauder’s lecture, “Islands of the Living Dead: The Race to Save Island Plant Diversity,” will be Thursday, Sept. 25, 7:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. in Otto M. Budig Theater in the University Center.

Admission is free to NKU faculty, staff, and students. For more information, call (513) 559-7767.

Orchestra performs in Greaves Hall

The Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra will perform in Greaves Concert Hall on Monday, Sept. 29 at 7:30 p.m. Mischa Santora will conduct the concert. Santora will also be available for a pre-concert discussion that begins at 6:45 p.m. Pianist Claude Frank will give a guest performance.

Tickets are $20 to $25 with discounts for NKU students and members of Enjoy the Arts/START. A reception, catered by Karlo’s Bistro Italia, will follow immediately after the concert.

DPS investigating car break-ins on campus

The NKU Department of Public Safety is currently investigating several instances of cars break-ins in which a window was broken and property taken from the vehicle. Common items being removed from the automobiles include stereo equipment such as speakers and CD players; radar detectors and CDs.