Warm welcome

Welcome everyone to Games and Gadgets. I will be your tour guide though the world of the Internet, video games and electronic gadgets. For the first installment, I am going to talk about a funny thing that happened to me the other day. This is the worst thing that can happen to a gamer. Don’t laugh at me too hard, but I lost to my eight-year-old sister in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. I don’t mean beat me, but whooped my tail royally. Yeah I know, it’s pretty embarrassing, but I digress. We were playing the skins mode, where you win by the number of holes you win. So, I won three holes, my brother won six and my sister dominated with eight holes. The thing that baffles me the most is this is the first time she had played the game since I rented it. I had already played through three of the courses, finishing first in each one, so I thought I was doing pretty well. I was wrong, very wrong. Now that my little story is finished, here is what you can expect this semester with this column. I plan on talking about some of my favorite web sites, game related and not. With some of the better ones, I may try to get some interviews with the people who run the sites. On the game front, I will review what I can get my hands on. Money is a little tight, but I’m sure you all understand that, being a student like me. I also give you my word that if a game is terrible, I will tell you straight up. With the gadgets I will look into the latest computer, cell phone and anything else I see as interesting. I will also try to talk about things that I can be helpful to the college student. Get ready for a semester filled with entertaining things. Be sure to check back next week for my hands on with Soul Caliber 2, I’ll probably be playing while you read this. I’ll let you know about the ins and outs of this game, get ready cause here I come.