dj- X’s Week in Review

Pick of the Week: J-Lo “This is me… Then” Don’t be fooled by the rocks she’s got. She’s still Jenny from the block. Beverly Hills Blvd that is. Well we knew it would happen and I hate to do it, but I must. Jennifer Lopez has released yet another smash album, this time getting back to her roots. Or so she thinks. Her newest album features a number of credible artists including the Lox. However I still don’t think she is as “street” as she wants us to believe. She talks about still having the same mentality as when she lived in Brooklyn. I can’t see it. She is living in L.A., she has a million dollar home, and after two failed relationships is with the newest commodity in Hollywood. Hon, I’m sorry, but I think I’m going to have to agree with that news reporter. “We are more likely to give her a curb job…” you get the idea. If you like her however, go pick it up, it’s worth the $13.99 sale price.

Gotta have it: 50 cent “Get Rich, or Die Tryin” Guess who’s back? Yep, it is the change master himself. 50 cent has finally arrived in the world of mainstream rap. With the producing power of Dr. Dre and the full support of the industry’s favorite white boy, Eminem, 50 cent’s new album is nothing to sneeze at. As hard as the streets he came from, it screams raw passion. Some people already know about 50 cent’s hard times. He got shot up pretty bad and things didn’t look well for him. It gave him time to write, however, and now his dirty style has invaded your living room in a neat package. With a team like Dre and Em, 50 could do no wrong. Now be prepared cause it isn’t going to stop till he gets rich, or dies trying.

Old School Pick: DMX “…Then there was X” I know it’s not really that old, but this is my favorite DMX album. It is full of hard lyrics that send a chilling message, and it’s got a beat you can dance to. Everyone remembers the song “What’s My Name?,” it was huge. It also made the world take notice that DMX had fully arrived. I heard the song everywhere, on the radio, in the club, you couldn’t escape it. That is what made the album so great. No matter where you went it was there. Personally, however, I like the album’s first track, “One More Road to Cross.” It delivers a real message about what it takes to survive. So if you don’t have it, get it. If you do, dust it off and pop it in the player one more time. I’m out.

Listen to us Live at: geocities.com/wrfn2002