Stowers scores 28 as Norse fall to Southern Indiana, 87-82

Sports Information

EVANSVILLE, Ind. – Diond’re Givens and Cris Brunson combined for 38 points Saturday as the University of Southern Indiana defeated Northern Kentucky University, 87-82, at the PAC Arena.

Dennis Coutee added 16 points as Southern Indiana improved to 11-4 overall, 6-3 in the Great Lakes Valley Conference. The Screaming Eagles shot 65.4 percent from the field in the second half and rallied from a nine-point deficit to defeat NKU, which is ranked No. 12 nationally in the NCAA Division II poll.

Brenden Stowers scored 28 points to lead NKU ( 14-3 overall, 8-2 GLVC), which has lost six straight games at the PAC Arena against Southern Indiana. The Norse have not defeated the Screaming Eagles on the road since a 99-87 victory in the 1996 NCAA II Great Lakes Region championship game.

NKU has not won a regular-season game in the PAC Arena since the 1994-95 season, when the Norse rallied for a 96-90 victory over Southern Indiana. At that time, Southern Indiana was ranked No. 1 in the nation.

A dunk by Chris Seabrooks gave NKU a 51-42 lead early in the second half Saturday, but Southern Indiana used a 17-7 run to take a 59-58 advantage. Brunson drilled a pair of three-pointers to key the Screaming Eagles spurt.

Stowers converted a layup to give NKU a