St. Preux shoots for strong senior season

As he starts his final season on the NKU men’s basketball team, senior Bobby St. Preux, 22, marketing major, has a lot to look back on and even more to look forward to.

St . Preux started playing basketball around age 13 in West Palm Beach, FL. He played at point guard until his junior year, then moved on to shooting guard and small forward. His junior year at Forest Hill High School he averaged 11 points a game and during his senior year it went up to 19 points a game. He made the first team All- Area and second team All- Region. He even earned the MVP award his senior year.

Many Division I schools tried to recruit St. Preux.

“Most of the schools wanted me to wait until the end of summer to let me know if they were any available spots,” he said. “I was getting frustrated and didn’t want to wait.” He began sending his profiles to mostly Division I schools and a few Division II schools.

St. Preux received 15 to 20 responses including one from NKU inviting him to come and visit. St. Preux enjoyed his visit to Northern’s campus. In his opinion NKU is in the best conference in the nation so he decided to sign with Northern.

Last year St. Preux averaged 11.5 points a game and has earned a starting position as power forward. He learned a lot from last year and knows what to expect in the conference.

“I’ve grown as a player,” he said. He also feels that he can handle pressure very well now. “You have to play good defense if you want to win,” he said, “You have to play hard all the time.”

This season St. Preux is looking forward to playing Kentucky Wesleyan and Southern Indiana.

“We have to get through them to get to the championship.”

After college St Preux wants to play professional basketball overseas for 2 or 3 years in France or Italy. Then he’ll return home to Florida and open a fitness gym. “I’d like