Through the Looking Glass

IS IT CROWDED IN HERE, OR IS IT ME?
A German policewoman obtained the mobile phone number of a fugitive, from justice, called him up, flirted with him and arranged a blind date.

The man, who was wanted in the town of Recklinghausen, came to a bar in downtown Berlin “all dressed up” and unaware not only that his date was a cop, but that all the men at surrounding tables were undercover police officers, too. The date ended in his arrest.

HONEY, NOTHING CAN STOP US NOW:
An Albanian drug dealer was deported from Germany but slipped back in, and made the mistake of registering to marry his girlfriend in Cologne.

He was arrested a half-hour before the ceremony was to begin.

BUT OFFICER, THE HORSE WAS SOBER
Police arrested a man for drunken driving when they discovered him riding his horse down the sidewalk in Carson City, Nev., after having consumed 12 beers.

IT WAS, UM, A SECURITY MEASURE
A Southern California high school water polo coach was fired for his role in secretly videotaping girls undressing and taking showers in the locker room.

I JUST FELT LIKE IT, OK!?
A man going up an escalator to work in a Brisbane, Australia, shopping mall was squirted on the back of his pants with two packets of soy sauce by the man behind him.

The victim told police he did not know the man, but, incredibly, it was not the first time the guy had done this to him. The squirter was arrested, but refused to explain why he did it.