Close the ‘prison’ and bring on the concerts

Is it just me, or is this campus one of the dullest, drab and boring places to be?

There are hardly ever any fun things to do on this campus. That is, of course, if you’re not a frat boy or sorority girl. They have things going on all the time, but what about those of us who are not and have no interest in that?

This is a big problem, and what makes NKU the classic commuter campus. Don’t get me wrong, some of the events held on campus are fun, but then again, a lot of them are not.

This whole idea came to me when I was reading an issue of EKU’s newspaper and saw that they put on a concert featuring Nappy Roots, who are a national act. I started to think, why don’t we have things like that going on here?

I’m sure it can’t be that hard to get bands to come to campus, or at venues near campus. I’m pretty sure there are many local bands as well as national acts that would love to come to a college campus and perform. After all, we do buy a lot of their music and we go to their concerts when they come to town. It could be held as a student only event.

Good idea, huh?

The school could even team up with Channel Z radio and have one of their concerts in their free concert series on campus. Just think how well that would go over on this campus. What student wouldn’t enjoy coming out of a late class and hear a band rocking these stone buildings to the ground.

A concert on campus would even make me drag my butt out of The Northerner office and actually enjoy this campus.

This editorial is mainly directed at the Activities Programming Board. Start planning fun stuff like concerts and the like and make this campus a fun place to be. Otherwise, NKU will forever look and feel like a cold, unfriendly prison. I know you people down there don’t want that, and as a person who lives for entertainment, I don’t want to see it either.