Law Day introduces students to law school

Considering law school?

If so, you might want to make a note in your planner.

On Nov. 4, NKU will hold the first ever Law Day on campus.

Law Day is an event intended to familiarize interested students with the various aspects of law school.

Developed by Dr. Ramona Brockett, Law Day will give students an introduction to the law school application process, mock trial competitions, financial aid issues, and more.

After developing the idea, Brockett found support from the NKU staff.

“This would not have happened without the support of Jim Votruba, Robin Crigler, Gail Wells, and Dean Minix,” said Brockett.

In addition to finding faculty support, she had to ask deans of various law schools to attend. “They were thrilled,” said Brockett, “They really want to target the students at NKU.”

“The faculty and staff at Chase are committed to participating in these types of events because they are a great way to make information about law school accessible to prospective students,” said Kelly Beers, associate dean for enrollment management at Salmon P. Chase College of Law.

“I believe that this event will provide prospective law students with an opportunity to develop a stronger understanding of the law school experience, and will assist prospective students in learning about the law school admission process,” said Beers.

The format for Law Day is divided into two parts. First, NKU faculty and representatives from the law schools will give speeches on different aspects of law school to the entire group. After that, the law school representatives will go to booths where students will be able to speak with them on an individual basis.

The event, sponsored by the department of political science and criminal justice, will be from 5