Terrorism warrants awareness from all

I read last week what Kristin Hooper from Middle Tennessee State University wrote in “Sidelines” and I strongly disagree.

Here is an excerpt.”…the only way to sort out the barrage of Middle -Eastern information flying at you is to ignore most of it.”

Well, first of all, bad choice of words. Flying! I believe what you are trying to say is to watch out for the outrageous things. Right. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think box cutters qualify as outrageous. That is why George Bush is asking everyone to be a little more cautious, a little more aware of their surroundings.

And in case you didn’t know, the job of the President’s cabinet is to hold his hand. This isn’t a dictatorship.

Hey, if I am working at the airport, or wherever, and I see five Middle Eastern guys sign up for flight school I would be a little suspicious. After what happened that’s not my fault and if they want to legitimately learn how to fly that’s not their fault either. Sorry to say but that comes with the territory . I’m not saying take every suspicious person right off to prison, but just be a little more cautious. This whole philosphy that Ms. Hooper is talking about is the one that got us here in the first place.