Condor falls in first PS2 run

Unlike Matt Hoffman’s no handed 900 at the X Games, this game doesn’t live up to expectations. A BMX tour of America is supposed to be fun, but this game leaves you wanting a little more. To be totally honest, this game is Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, except with bikes and pro bikers. You would think that Activision O2 would try to differentiate their products, instead of having cardboard cutouts of the same game engine.

The first thing that stands out is the sluggish controls. It is more difficult to pull off a trick than it should be. The next big problem is the goals at each stage.

Some of the goals, at the beginning, are very hard to obtain. But, as the game goes on and you get upgraded bikes and stats they become easier to obtain.

The levels are one of the saving graces of this game. They are huge, and you can trick off of any thing you see. There is also enough room for you to use the new flat land tricks.

Another saving grace is the cut scenes, which are actual footage of Hoffman’ s last park tour of the U.S. But if you watched it on television then this is nothing new.

This game receives a final score of 5 out of 10. If you want to play a fun BMX game stick with Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2, or wait till DMFB3 comes out. And besides, doesn’t Mirra beat Hoffman most of the time anyways.