Blessid Union of Souls to perform live on campus

Ever hear of the saying, being in the right place at the right time? Well that is exactly what happened to Dustin Lewis. After attending a Blessid Union of Souls concert, Lewis was so impressed by the band’s performance he suggested the Activities Programming Board invite tham to play on campus.

While attending a convention in Indianapolis Lewis had the pleasure of meeting some band members. He suggested a concert at the Northern Kentucky University campus. The band agreed and a date was set.

“This concert will be an awesome event for all students, faculty and staff as well as the community. They have high energy, and amazing sounds.” Lewis said.

Blessid Union of Souls is best known for their songs, “I Believe” and “Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me for Me).” Between 1997 and 2002, the band has hit the Top 10 several times as well as the Top 40.

Fizzgig will be opening for Blessid Union. They are a local rock band with members from Northern Kentucky University. Band member Garry Zink, guitar, is a recent NKU graduate; Dan Swartz, bassist, and Evan Brass are current students. Mike Paolucci, drummer, is a graduate of Eastern Kentucky University.

The purpose of the concert is to promote a new program called Music for the Masses. It is a program intended to introduce different genres of music to NKU students, faculty and staff.

“This year the genre is pop-rock; next year’s act will be R’B or Hip-Hop group. We are already discussing plans for next year. We invite everyone to join us in this first-annual celebration of the Music for the Masses,” Lewis said.

The concert will be held in Regents Hall on Saturday, April 27. Tickets can be purchased in the Office of Student Life,UC suite 10, or at the door at 6:30 p.m. until the concert begins. Tickets are $5 for students and $7 for non-students. Doors open at 7 p.m.; concert begins at 8 p.m.