Across the University 11/29/2012

One more week to log 12 Days of Fitness

The Campus Rec Center is hosting 12 Days of Fitness, in which participants can take 12 Norse Fitness classes by Dec. 7 and receive a free T-shirt. Visit the Campus Recreation website for the complete Norse Fitness schedule (http://campusrec.nku.edu).

Students part of team to create educational website

Two media informatics students Wyatt Nolen and John Branson helped create an online educational resource for New York City’s FDR Freedoms Park. The website uses articles and videos that contain film clips and photographs to examine the challenges FDR faced and the decisions he made as he led the nation through the Great Depression and World War II. The site can be viewed at www.fdr4freedoms.org.

Apply for study abroad spring breaks by tomorrow

The deadline for study abroad spring break programs is tomorrow. Applications are on a first come first serve basis. The Office of Education Abroad is offering many programs including an art program to Paris and Amsterdam, a history program to Italy, a biology/general education course to Costa Rica and an International Service Learning program to Mexico City. Contact the Office of Education Abroad in University Center 415 or through email to Michelle Melish at melishm1@nku.edu to apply.

Chartwells names NKU Dining top national account

NKU Dining was recently recognized as Chartwells’ 2012 National Account of the Year, beating out almost 200 other college and university dining operations. NKU represented the Mid-Atlantic region as Regional Account of the Year which qualified the team to compete among the top five regional accounts nationwide. Chartwells’ Chef Elaine Taubin at NKU was also named Associate of the Year in the Culinary Category for the Mid-Atlantic region.

Survey on homeless community available

Honors student Jena Bradley is sending out an anonymous survey as part of her capstone project. Contact Bradley at bradleyj1@nku.edu for more information. The survey can be found at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Z5TW2F9.

Dining surveys out for on-campus locations

NKU Dining is conducting surveys for multiple dining locations on campus. The survey is short and only takes a few minutes. Scan the QR code on flyers around campus, text “chartwells112” to phone number 91318 or visit www.1pt.mobi/zyz211 to complete the survey. Participants receive a free beverage for completing the survey and a chance to win $25 Dining Dollars.