Local tattoo shop hosts breast cancer event

Molly B. True, contrubuting writer

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Live Loud Studios Tattoo and Body Piercing is teaming up with the Pink Ribbon Girls to raise money and support for the cause.

On Oct. 20, Live Loud Studios will be holding a silent auction and a raffle. They will also be tattooing pink ribbons for $30 each on those willing to undergo the needle to promote breast cancer awareness.
All proceeds from the event will be going to the Pink Ribbon Girls, a community organization offering outreach, education, awareness and support to women suffering from breast cancer.

Chris Riesenburg, a Northern Kentucky University alum, is the 23-year-old owner and tattoo artist at Live Loud Studios. He detailed the breast cancer event and the inspiration behind it during an interview at his shop on Glenway Avenue in Cincinnati.

“I’ve always been that guy to put out my hand and help people,” he explained. “I want to do something positive for this world. I want to do something for a greater cause.”
Although this is Live Loud Studios’ first charity event, Riesenburg hopes this will inspire others to follow suit and begin giving back to the community .

“It’s hard to bring as much as you can to the table in just one day,” he said. “But no one else around here is doing it, so maybe after this, everyone will be doing it.”
The Pink Ribbon Girls’ website offers an array of resources and events for young women in the Greater Cincinnati area who are struggling with breast cancer. Riesenburg partnered with the foundation through a friend of a friend and is utilizing his business to help others in need through the event.

According to Riesenburg, expenses for the tattoos such as ink and needles must be covered, but $10 from each tattoo will be donated to the Pink Ribbon Girls. All of the money from the silent auction will also be donated.

Local tattoo enthusiast and NKU alum Lisa Kuntz plans to partake in the affair. Her aunt recently passed from breast cancer and she described how the tragedy has raised awareness for her.
“Breast cancer was never something I imagined I would be dealing with on a personal level,” she said. “I will definitely be getting a pink ribbon tattoo in memory of my Aunt Linda.”
Other families touched by breast cancer can look forward to Live Loud Studios making the breast cancer awareness project an annual event.

“I wish I could do something every month, but it’s just not possible,” Riesenburg said. “One of my bucket list goals is to own my own charity. I want to do something huge. A few people can only do so much, but when everybody does something, that’s when it comes together.”

Live Loud Studios’ breast cancer awareness event will be held on Oct. 20, from noon to 10 p.m. at 6520 Glenway Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio.
Even if you’re not up for getting inked, you can join in and show your support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For more information, check out www.liveloudtattoo.com.

• Local tattoo shop hosts breast cancer event

Total Eclipse of the heart: One professor’s astronomical passion

GALLERY: NKU Music Prep fuses community, education and musical experience

NKY Pride: Putting a face to LGBTQ community

Listen to NKU professor stump panelists on podcast

The trans-disciplinary approach: Science meets the humanities at NKU

Passing the paper: A farewell to Colleen

Norse Snaps: Degrading or conversation starter?

Fun or Foul: NKU Weighs in on Rate My Professors