NKU’s Chief Financial Officer pursuing new job amid budget deficit

NKU’s Chief Financial Officer and Vice President for Administration and Finance Jeremy Alltop is seeking a new job, according to an article from Central Michigan University.

Alltop, who only began at NKU four months ago in July 2022, has become a finalist for the vice president of finance position at Central Michigan University (CMU). CMU publicly announced that Alltop would be visiting the university on Monday, Nov. 14, along with two other candidates in the following two days.

This comes as NKU announced an unexpected $18.7 million deficit to the 2022-2023 budget, which Alltop previously told The Northerner he was unaware of when he began his position in July.

Jeremy Alltop, chief financial officer and vice president for finance and administration, began his position in July 2022. (Northern Kentucky University)

Alltop highlighted in his resume for CMU that he identified $28+ million in financial shortfalls at NKU and has worked with Provost Matt Cecil to create a remediation plan.

Alltop was present at the Thursday, Nov. 17 Board of Regents announcement of President Ashish Vaidya’s departure from NKU. 

NKU’s CFO/vice president for administration and finance position remained vacant from Dec. 2021 until the hiring of Alltop in July 2022. At the time of his arrival, President Vaidya said in a press release, “We welcome Mr. Alltop to Norse Nation and look forward to his contributions as a member of my leadership team.” 

Before joining NKU’s administration team, Alltop was in Beaumont, Texas at Lamar University, according to NKU’s press release. In the vice president of finance and operations/chief financial officer position, Alltop was responsible for Lamar’s $380 million budget, as opposed to NKU’s $285 million annual budget. 

Alltop had held previous jobs at University of Nevada – Reno School of Medicine, The Ohio State University, University of Kentucky, Indiana University and West Virginia University.

Alltop did not respond to requests for comment prior to publication.