Spring commencement update: indoor ceremony, limited guests allowed
March 25, 2021
The spring commencement ceremonies will now be held at the BB&T Arena with limited guests, administrators announced today in a campus-wide email.
The original decision was to host the five graduations outdoors with all guests attending virtually, but President Ashish Vaidya said they have amended the plan to balance health and safety with the sentimentality of the event.
“NKU is committed to providing a meaningful celebration for our graduates and their families while balancing the appropriate health protocols to provide a safe event for our graduates and guests,” Vaidya said in the email.
Graduates will fill out a form to request up to two guests to attend the ceremony in person. Graduates of Chase Law can request four guests due to the limited size of their graduation class.
Tickets must be requested by April 12. People can request tickets after the deadline, but those spots will be distributed on a “first-come, first-served basis.” In the ticket request form, graduates can also specify accessibility accommodations for their guests. Graduates can request the tickets now via the online form.
People can also visit NKU’s webpage on commencement that provides additional details on parking and cap and gown purchase.
NKU will still host a livestream of each ceremony for additional family members to watch remotely.
All guests are required to have a ticket prior to entering BB&T Arena and are expected to follow COVID-19 protocols, including wearing a facial mask and social distancing.
The schedule of the commencement ceremonies are as followed:
- Commencement for Chase College of Law: Friday, May 7, at 5 p.m.
- Commencement for the College of Arts and Sciences and College of Education: Saturday, May 8, at 10 a.m.
- Commencement for the Haile/US Bank College of Business and College of Informatics: Saturday, May 8, at 3 p.m.
- Commencement for the College of Health and Human Services: Sunday, May 9, at 10 a.m.
- Commencement for May, August, and December 2020 graduates: Sunday, May 9, at 3 p.m.