Spring commencement: guests to attend virtually, where to buy cap and gown
March 9, 2021
Additional details about spring commencement have been released by NKU administration in a recent campus-wide email.
All guests will attend the commencement virtually via a livestream hosted by administrators. According to event coordinators, NKU’s Soccer Complex is not large enough to accommodate space for both guests and graduates in a socially-distanced capacity. The livestream of each ceremony will be available here.
Graduates are expected to arrive one hour prior to the start of the ceremony in order to check-in and line up.
The spring commencement schedule is as follows:
- “Commencement for Chase College of Law: Friday, May 7, at 5 p.m.
- Commencement for the College of Arts and Sciences and College of Education: Saturday, May 8, at 10 a.m.
- Commencement for the Haile/US Bank College of Business and College of Informatics: Saturday, May 8, at 3 p.m.
- Commencement for the College of Health and Human Services: Sunday, May 9 at 10 a.m.
- Commencement for May, August and December 2020 graduates: Sunday, May 9 at 3 p.m.”
Cap and gowns will be available for purchase virtually or in-person at the NKU Bookstore. Graduates earning a bachelor’s or master’s degree can order regalia online until April 9 or purchase it in-person at the NKU Bookstore by May 7. Graduates cannot return regalia after May 7.
Graduates receiving a doctoral degree can order regalia online or in-person at the NKU Bookstore. Doctoral regalia can be ordered in the standard option, keeper, or the personalized edition, custom. Custom regalia must be ordered by March 15, and keeper regalia must be ordered by April 9. All sales are final.
Other graduation items such as announcements, class rings and diploma frames can be purchased online.
Event organizers are still finalizing further details, such as instructions for the day of commencement, and will provide more information soon. You can check the Office of Special Event’s website for further updates.