Provided by Dylan Woodruff

Dylan Woodruff marketing major

A conversation with senior Dylan Woodruff

Major: Marketing

What organizations have you been involved in during your time at NKU?

• Golden Key International Honor Society
  • Beta Gamma Sigma

What have been the biggest challenges for you with transitioning to online?

The biggest challenge is probably just having to tackle everything with no physical contact with professors. I still had to present a deliverable to Braxton’s Brewing Company so that was fun to do in the middle of a social distancing lockdown. But I would also say it seems like the amount of work has increased since we left campus. 

What are your thoughts about spring commencement being canceled?

Honestly, I’m a little bit bitter about it. You know I’ve worked my tail off for the past three years to get a four-year degree in three years, and now I don’t get to walk across the stage, that’s a little bit disappointing. I wish they would have maybe rescheduled it for August instead of December because I feel like in December it’s 6 or 7 months later and my career is going to be going strong.

Will you be able to attend commencement in the winter?

I don’t know, we’ll see how I feel in December, but right now I just kind of feel like at this point in time what’s the point.

How has COVID-19 impacted your post-graduation plans?

Well thankfully the coronavirus has not affected my after graduation career plans. I have already accepted a full-time position at my current office for State Farm, and I am still able to plan for the opening of my own insurance agency within the next year to two years. However. obviously the trips I have planned to go on as a reward to myself have been canceled, but I plan to reschedule as soon as everything is lifted.