Western & Southern celebrates opening of new Contact Center at NKU

March 23, 2022

SCOTT BESELER (Provided)

Ribbon cutting at Campbell Hall for new Western & Southern Contact Center.

Western & Southern opened the Western & Southern Contact Center at Northern Kentucky University, which students can use for on-campus jobs.

Students can use the center to perform a variety of duties such as making outbound calls to life insurance applicants to verify application information as part of the underwriting process. The contact center is expected to provide NKU students with over 200 student work hours each week.

“We are excited to partner with Western & Southern to provide this work-integrated learning opportunity for our students,” NKU President Ashish Vaidya said. “The new contact center will allow our students to work part-time and gain meaningful real-world experience while pursuing their degree simultaneously.”

Representatives for both W&S and NKU were in attendance at Campbell Hall at NKU for a ribbon cutting ceremony.

Students will have the opportunity to gain potential employment exposure and direct engagement with on the tri-state area’s most well-known companies. NKU and Western & Southern have partnered in the past, collaborating on class projects, career fairs and other special events on campus.

“We are happy to have the opportunity to partner once again with NKU,” John F. Barrett, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Western & Southern Financial Group, said. “NKU students bring exceptional talent to the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region. We want to tap into that talent by helping them get to know Western & Southern and the great opportunities a career in financial services offers. We hope this leads to more NKU students staying here after graduation to work, raise a family and enjoy all our region has to offer.”

The opening of the contact center aids NKU in implementing one of its main goals: to provide a real-world experience for students while they are pursuing their education. Students can expect to perform a variety of duties at the center, including making outbound calls to life insurance applicants to verify application information as part of the underwriting process. 

The contact center will be open Monday through Friday during normal business hours.

This story was first published on LINK nky. The original link to the story can be found here