The+decomposed+human+remains+found+behind+the+NKU+soccer+stadium+were+identified.+

The decomposed human remains found behind the NKU soccer stadium were identified.

Director of LGBTQ Programs and Services Bonnie Meyer announces resignation on Thursday afternoon

January 20, 2022

Dr. Bonnie Meyer, Director of LGBTQ Programs and Services, announced Thursday afternoon that she would be resigning from NKU according to a statement released by the university. 

Meyer spent over eight and a half years with the Office of LGBTQ Programs and Services, an office that advocates and provides resources to students and allies of the LGBTQ community. 

In Meyer’s statement released by the university via email, she looked back on achievements made during her time at NKU. 

“Above all, it has been a joy to serve NKU’s student body, including all who passed through the Office’s door, organized to create positive representations of LGBTQA+ life across campus, and who ultimately helped us bring NKU where we are today, as a Five-Star, nationally recognized institution for LGBTQA+ inclusion,” Meyer said in the email.

Meyer thanked the NKU community for allowing her to serve in her position, stating the amount of gratitude she has for those who made an impact on her work.

“I leave NKU with many fond memories and deep gratitude for all of the accomplices in this work over the years—students, faculty, staff, and alumni who made NKU a place where LGBTQA+ students can thrive. Thank you for the opportunity to serve as your inaugural director of the Office of LGBTQ Programs and Services. It has been my honor,” the email states.

At this time, NKU has not announced who will be filling Meyer’s position. 

Students needing assistance while the university looks to fill Meyer’s position, can contact Priscilla Ayala, United Director for the Center for Student Inclusiveness, at ayalap1@nku.edu.