NKU will host in-person commencements for 2020, 2021 graduates

NKU will host in-person commencement ceremonies for 2020 and 2021 graduates on May 7-9. The ceremonies will be held outdoors on a field at the NKU Soccer Complex, regardless of weather conditions, with state-issued health and safety guidelines imposed. 

The five celebrations are mainly separated by college but also include a separate ceremony for 2020 graduates whose in-person commencement was postponed due to COVID-19. 

President Ashish Vaidya said in a campus-wide email that this decision was made after consulting with Governor Andy Beshear’s office.

The spring commencement schedule is as follows:

• “Commencement for Chase College of Law: Friday, May 7, at 5 p.m.
  • Commencement for the College of Arts and Sciences and College of Education: Saturday, May 8, at 10 a.m.
  • Commencement for the Haile/US Bank College of Business and College of Informatics: Saturday, May 8, at 3 p.m. 
  • Commencement for the College of Health and Human Services: Sunday, May 9 at 10 a.m.
  • Commencement for May, August and December 2020 graduates: Sunday, May 9 at 3 p.m.”

Each ceremony will be live-streamed for those who wish to attend virtually. In the email, administrators noted that these events will follow Kentucky’s COVID-19 guidelines and may be subject to change. 

“The pandemic has challenged us to find new ways of meeting the needs of our students while maintaining health and safety in our community,” Vaidya said in the email. “I am proud that we are able to provide this experience for our May 2021 graduates and offer our 2020 graduates an opportunity to be honored in person.”

Additional details will be released soon, and updates will be posted on NKU’s commencement page. If you have any questions regarding the commencement celebration, email specialevents@nku.edu.