Phase 1C COVID-19 vaccinations to rollout in NKY

February 23, 2021

The University announced that Kentucky will begin Phase 1C of the COVID-19 vaccine distribution on March 1.

“The Governor announced that regional vaccination sites will open to Kentuckians in Phase 1C beginning March 1, and he expects other vaccination sites to move into Phase 1C around the same time,” the office of Governor Andy Beshear wrote in a press release.

Thomas Ramstetter said the university is working on getting more details from the Commonwealth. As more information becomes available, they will be sharing.

In Northern Kentucky, Boone, Kenton and Campbell counties continue to be higher than Kentucky’s incident rate and the country’s overall rate.

The U.K. variant of the virus, B.1.1.7, has been confirmed in the Northern Kentucky region as well.

“We ask that you do not let your guard down during this lull and continue practicing our Norse Nine principles. In addition, university-sponsored travel remains suspended through the spring semester,” Ande Durojaiye said in the university email.

Kentucky also announced new vaccine guidelines that require proof of residency as the vaccines are allocated based on each state’s population, and the new allocation is going to ensure the residents of Kentucky can get the vaccine.

If you would like to receive updates on Kentucky’s vaccination schedule, complete a brief survey at vaccine.ky.gov and provide your contact information.

Visit Kentucky’s vaccination website for more details on the regional vaccination sites.