What you missed at SGA: Oct. 26

Billy Keeney

Outside the Student Union during fall.

SGA discussed priority registration and a new campus registered organization at Monday’s meeting.

President Lauren Goodwin talked about priority registration which begins at 6 a.m. on Oct. 29. According to Goodwin, students should make sure that they have looked at their advising holds and have completed their Title IX training that was sent to students via email.

Senator Karla Arango mentioned that students who feel triggered by the Title IX training are not alone. 

“If for some reason that content is in any way triggering to you or you do not feel comfortable having that training, contact Kendra Massey and she will be able to take care of that for you,” Arango said.

In addition, two SGA members assumed new positions at the meeting. Senator Karla Arango was named Vice Chair of the Student Advocacy committee and Senator Jude Ampfer was named Vice Chairman of the University Improvements committee.

Senator James Renton also announced his new campus registered organization called “Sunrise,” an organization that talks about the Green New Deal. Meetings will be held virtually through Zoom every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. More information about the new organization can be found on MyEngagement.

At the end of the meeting, Goodwin discussed the Campus Conversation on the Campus Climate Survey, which will be held on Oct. 28 at 1:30 p.m. 

“It’s just a cool and fun thing to go to and to share your voice and opinions and to hear other people’s opinions because that is what we’re here to do,” Goodwin said.