Sam Rosenstiel

The 2020 General Election is Nov. 3

Election 2020 Candidates

For a full list of candidates, visit ballotpedia.org

Presidential Candidates

Donald Trump – Republican Incumbent

Donald Trump was a former reality TV show host and NYC real estate entrepreneur before holding his first public office as the 45th president of the United States. His first term, wrought with controversy, has deeply divided the country. His bid for re-election is fueled on immigration, trade and the economy. 

Joe Biden –  Democratic Nominee

Joe Biden has held public office for nearly half a century. First as a six-term senator to Delaware, elected in 1972, and then as the former Vice President to President Obama from 2009 to 2017. Biden has campaigned on his government experience and Obama-era legacy to bring unity to the nation after President Trump.

Jo Jergensen – Libertarian 

Jo Jergensen has taught full-time at Clemson University since 2006 and is the Libertarian Party’s first female nominee for president. She believes a free market, unrestrained by the federal government, will fix the nation’s problems.

Kentucky United States Senate

Mitch McConnell – Republican Incumbent

Mitch McConnell, currently Kentucky’s senior United States senator and Senate majority leader, is the longest-serving leader of Senate Republicans in history. McConnell has acted as an obstructionist toward Democrat platforms and judicial nominees—while setting records for conservative judges appointed. 

Amy McGrath – Democratic Nominee

Amy McGrath served in the United States Marine Corps for two decades, where she was the first woman to fly a combat mission, before running for the U.S. House of Representatives for Kentucky’s 6th congressional district in 2017. McGrath has campaigned on beating McConnell and is endorsed by Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear.

Brad Barron – Libertarian

Brad Barron is a businessman, regenerative farmer and a self-proclaimed “lifelong scholar of the United States Constitution.” Barron has campaigned on beating Mitch McConnell, individual rights and free market solutions.

Voting Information:

Kentucky:

To request an absentee ballot in Kentucky, click here. Mail-in ballots must be requested before 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 9. 

Early in-person voting for Kentucky begins Oct. 13. 

Ohio:

To request an absentee ballot in Ohio, click here. Mail-in ballots must be requested before or on Oct. 31. 

Early in-person voting for Ohio begins Oct. 6.

Indiana:

To request an absentee ballot in Indiana, click here. Mail-in ballots must be requested before 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 22

Early in-person voting for Indiana begins Oct. 6