Billy Keeney

Many NKU students have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

NKU requires facial coverings on campus for summer

The order applies to all campus community members and may be extended through the fall

May 14, 2020

Everyone must wear a facial covering on NKU’s campus throughout the summer, according to NKU officials in a campus-wide email. The requirement is in compliance with Governor Andy Beshear’s “Healthy At Work” directive and could be extended into the fall semester.

The order applies to all community members, such as “faculty, staff, students, vendors and visitors upon the individuals’ next return to campus.”

According to the email, the order is intended to promote health and safety within the campus community. 

In addition, the COVID-19 Preparedness Team will send out weekly updates on Tuesday to inform students and faculty on the latest campus responses to the COVID-19 epidemic. 

Facial covering on campus requirements are as following: 

• “Facial coverings must be worn at all times on campus except while eating or while alone in a private room or office. 
  • Facial coverings should cover the nose, mouth, and chin.
  • Currently, reusable and disposable masks are available for essential employees working on campus and for students living in campus housing. 
  • As the university expands its on-campus activities, reusable and disposable masks will be provided for faculty and staff who need to be present on campus. Pick-up will be available in the campus mailroom (9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday – Friday)
  • As the university expands on-campus instruction, masks for enrolled students will be available at the university bookstore.
  • NKU will follow the exemptions outlined by Governor’s order. Anyone with a medical condition that prevents them from covering their nose and mouth, should not do so. Children under the age of two also should not cover their face.”

If you have any questions about the order or suggestions for the fall semester, email the COVID-19 Preparedness Team at covid19@nku.edu.