Dr. Ginni Fair announced as dean of the College of Education

Fair, currently of EKU, will assume her position as dean July 1

February 6, 2020

Dr.+Ginni+Fair+will+be+the+dean+for+the+College+of+Education.+

Provided by NKU

Dr. Ginni Fair will be the dean for the College of Education.

NKU has announced Dr. Ginni Fair as dean of the College of Education. Fair will join NKU on July 1, 2020.

“The way we prepare educators for the classroom continues to evolve, and I’m excited to bring in best practices and new learning experiences to Northern Kentucky,” Fair said in a press release. 

Fair is also a member of the Board for the Kentucky Association of Colleges of Teacher Education. She has assisted with the development of the newly adopted English/Language Arts standards for Kentucky students. 

Dr. Fair said she appreciates good music, adolescent literature and a fun family game night with her husband and their four children.

“We are pleased to welcome Ginni as dean of the College of Education. Her depth of experience within higher education in Kentucky will be valuable as she leads the college to develop the next generation of educators,” NKU Provost Sue Ott Rowlands said in a press release. 

Fair currently serves as a professor and chair of the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at Eastern Kentucky University. During her time as a faculty member at EKU, Fair has researched literacy, adolescent development and disciplinary approaches to content literacy. Fair has also completed the Management Development Program at Harvard University.

She assumes the position from Dr. James Allen, who has been serving as interim dean since July 2019.