Noelle Horn

Chief Justice Noah Cullen goes over amendment changes to the SGA constitution.

SGA reappoints committee chairs, amendment changes

At Monday’s meeting, SGA reappointed two of its committee chairs and went over amendments to their constitution. 

President Jarett Lopez said that the Board of Regents approved SGA’s new constitution with some amendments. One of those amendments was changing the name of two committees: Academic Affairs and Student Rights. The Academic Affairs is now the Academic Excellence committee and Student Rights is now Student Advocacy.  

With the renaming of the committees, it’s chairs were reappointed. Brynn Cahal was reappointed as the chair of the student advocacy committee and Allan Millward was repointed as the chair of the academic excellence committee.  

Later in the meeting, Chief Justice Noah Cullen went over the amendments made to the constitution. The amendments included a clarification on who can and can not vote within meetings, the required cumulative GPA changing from 2.25 to 2.5, the amount of required SGA events senators must attend and changing the number of days the judicial council must have a hearing and render an appeal from 10 days to five. 

Secretary of Public Relations Jessica Archer announced SGA’s four nominees for senior homecoming court: Noelle Brooks, Noah Cullen, Jarett Lopez and Tori Watkins. Archer also announced the four nominees for sophomore/junior homecoming court: Mia Dirks, Lauren Goodwin, Samuel Shelton and Archer herself.