Emily Sherry

The study abroad fair is Wednesday Sept. 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Study Abroad fair gives students chance to travel the world

September 17, 2018

Willing to expand your educational experience outside of the borders? The Office of Study Abroad will be hosting the annual Study Abroad Fair on Sept. 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Student Union Ballroom.

The fair will feature a wide-range of tables offering different programs. Students will be able to explore programs that best suit them. Featured programs include summer exchange programs, faculty-led programs, study away in the U.S.A., overseas internships and more.

The Cooperative Center for Study Abroad, Kentucky Institute for International Studies, third-party vendors and exchange students will be available to discuss the vast options open to students.

“It’s really just a fun event,” said Candace Gibson, special projects coordinator for the Office of Study Abroad. “The Study Abroad Fair gives students a chance to speak to other students who can tell you why it’s great from a student perspective.”

Students who bring donations of canned goods, non-perishable items and toiletries for FUEL, NKU’s on-campus food pantry, will be entered into raffles and have chances to win fun prizes and financial awards. Free snacks will also be provided.

Gibson recommends every student check out the fair, even if they think it’s not for them.

“It never hurts to stop in to a free event and just learn a little bit more about all of the things the university has to offer,” Gibson said.

A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required to apply for study abroad programs but at least a 2.5 GPA is required to qualify for scholarships. Program lengths range from week-long courses to year-long courses.

If you can’t attend the fair, visit the Office of Education Abroad in UC 330 for more information about studying abroad. It’s open from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.