5. Local vintage rockers Thee Shams plays the Mad Hatter in Covington Saturday, Oct. 15. They just wrapped up part of their tour in the West. Tickets are $5 for those of drinking age and $7 if you are not.
4. Dear art enthusiasts, from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 15, more than 60 artists will display their work at the Art Off-Pike Neighborhood Art Show. You can find their work along the off-streets of Pike Street in Covington.
3. “Elizabethtown,” starring Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom debuts in theaters Friday, Oct. 14.
2. I’ve got to list this band because, well, their name is just ridiculous. Sunday Oct. 16, Screaming Mechanical Brain thrashes the Viper Room downtown. For details, check out www.myspace.com/smb Tickets are $6.
1. It’s fall break – enjoy your long weekend! Be sure to spend a copious amount of time snoozin’. I know I will be.
For questions or comments about Rich’s Countdown e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org