5. Some people love it. Some people hate it. The U.S.S. Nightmare opened last weekend on Riverboat Row in Newport. General admission is $15. www.ussnightmare.com
4. Dear runners, the Reggae Run in Memory of Maria Olberding is this weekend starting at Ault Park in Mt. Lookout. The Run starts at 6 p.m. Registration is $30. www.reggaerun.com
3. The Cincinnati Shakespeare Festival presents “Our Town” until Oct. 9. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for students are $18; $10 if you show up an hour before!
2. More Katrina Efforts: This Saturday and Sunday, local bands host “Rock Together,” a two-night hurricane benefit concert being at the Southgate House in Newport. According to www.southgatehouse.com tickets are $5-$20.
1. The NKU ice hockey team kicks off their season at Northern Kentucky Ice Arena against Wright State University. They play the Raiders both Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m.