1. It’s a strange combination, but Aug. 28 at the base of Newport on the Levee, you’ll find the Kentucky State Chili Cook-Off and Car Show from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.. Admission is free.
2. Get your dance on at college night over at Jack Quinn’s Irish Pub in Covington, this Friday Aug. 26. Admission is free from 10 to 11 p.m. and $4 after that.
3. Local pop-rock band Ellison rocks The Mad Hatter in Covington, Aug. 27. The band features NKU student, Ian Bolender – show your support. Admission is $5 if you’re 21 and over and $7 if you’re not.
4. Movie star studs Heath Ledger and Matt Damon star in The Brothers Grimm, which debuts Friday in theaters. Tickets are $6 for students at the AMC in Newport on the Levee.
5. You’re about to finish your first week of school, so celebrate! Roadtrip it down to the Kentucky State Fair in Louisville, it ends Sunday, Aug. 28. Visit www.kystatefair.org for details.
If you have suggestions, send it along to Rich at firstname.lastname@example.org.