Open house to attract grads

Amie Vogt

The Office of Graduate Programs will sponsor an open house on Wed., March 17 from 5:30 until 7:30 p.m. in the University Center Ballroom.

The program is for graduating students who are interested in continuing their education with a master’s degree in one of NKU’s offered programs, according to Brenda Siepmann, recruiter in the office of graduate programs.

The master’s degree is designed to “advance your knowledge base and increase (your) potential in getting a job,” Siepmann said.

“(They are) very focused and specialized.”

This is an informal event where program representatives and directors will be present to speak with students.

There will be two new master’s programs included: Industrial-Organizational Psychology (MSI-O), and Liberal Arts (MALS), which is still pending final approval.

At the open house, brochures will be handed out with the admission requirements for the programs.

Students must apply and be accepted to the program to begin the degree.

The average graduate program consists of 30 to 36 semester hours.

Students can choose either part-time or full-time enrollment and begin the program during any regularly scheduled semester.

Students can apply for a graduate programs at the open house.

There also will be representatives present from the Office of Admissions and from the Office of Financial Aid to help with the process.

Applications are also available online at gradschool.nku.edu.

1.8 million students are enrolled in master’s programs in the United States, according to Carole Beere, the Associate Provost for Outreach and Dean of Graduate School.

There are no reservations required.

However, to save time or to get the chance to talk one-on-one with a program director, you can make a reservation by calling (859) 572-1555.

Open house to attract grads