The weather has cooled and the leaves have fallen, and... Read more →
Top five weekend countdown
September 14, 2005
Filed under News
5. The Cincinnati Museum Center will be free to public Sept. 16 between 4 and 8 p.m. This doesn’t include the Omnimax theater or special exhibits, but as we all know, free is good.
4. Okay, so you drank tons of beer and chowed down on a few sausages at Oktoberfest in MainStrasse. Oktoberfest reincarnates in downtown Cincinnati Sept. 16 through 17.
3. If you don’t have class on Friday mornings, you can start your weekend early by checking out the Azmari quartet. The group plays traditional quartet material and features NKU students Anna Polusmiak, Dmitri Shelest, Anna Sysun and Yulia Yun. They perform at the Taft Museum of Art Sept.. 15.
2. Respected local actors will perform theatrical readings of Stone Heart: Loves a Journey West. The play, about Lewis ‘ Clark’s 1806 expedition, will take place in the NKU Black Box Theatre Sept. 16 and 17 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $5 for students.
1. Near the University of Cincinnati, bands will be rocking for a great cause. This Sunday, Sept. 18, rock’n’roll bands will perform a Red Cross benefit concert at the Stratford Heights Courtyard. The show is free but donations will be accepted.